Sunday, May 24, 2015

'Beautiful Mind' Mathematician And Nobel Laureate John Nash, Wife Killed In Car Crash

CNN: 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash, wife killed in car crash

(CNN)John Forbes Nash Jr., the famed mathematician and inspiration for the film "A Beautiful Mind," and his wife died in a car crash Saturday in New Jersey, according to state police.

Nash, 86, and wife Alicia Nash, 82, were riding in a taxi near Monroe Township when the incident occurred, State Police Sgt. 1st Class Gregory Williams said.

They were traveling southbound in the left lane when the taxi went out of control while trying to pass another car, Williams said.

The car crashed into the guard rail, and the couple was ejected from the vehicle. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

WNU Editor: It is fitting that they died together at the same time. I attended one of his lectures years ago at Princeton. I was on my way to Atlantic City and I decided to make a pit-stop. The auditorium was packed with people .... and just listening to him speak .... how he structured his sentences and his sense of humor .... you could not help but feel that you were in the presence of an incredibly brilliant mind. Sighhhh .... I wish I had his math skills when I hit the blackjack tables the next day.

I will always remember his Nobel price acceptance speech as done by Russell Crowe.

No comments: