Saturday, January 24, 2015

Take The Poll On What Is The Best War Movie, Ever

Kyle Gallner, left, portrays Goat-Winston and Bradley Cooper is Chris Kyle in Warner Bros. Pictures' and Village Roadshow Pictures' drama 'American Sniper.' Warner Bros. Pictures/TNS

Stars and Stripes: The best war movie ever? You decide

WNU Editor: Damn .... all of the movies that Stars and Stripes lists are good. Lawrence of Arabia is not on the list .... but it is probably my favorite war film .... as well as Zulu. Platoon and Patton .... classics in every way. Das Boot and Saving Private Ryan .... very intense. Kelly's Heroes and the Dirty Dozen .... both enjoyable films to watch. In the end .... I choose "The Great Escape".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

MINE WOULD BE THE LONGEST DAY BUT FOR FUN KELLYS HEROS WITH ODDBALL

Anonymous said...

World war three with Rock Hudson would get my vote

Anonymous said...

Bridge Too Far....,great story...huge cast.

War News Updates Editor said...

How could I forget .... The Bridge Too Far .... definitely a classic. Another one is "Enemy at the Gates" ... but that is because I am Russian, and my father fought in the north of the city.

oldfatslow said...

I'd vote for Zulu.

ofs