Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Favorite SR-71 Story


The Ultimate Ground Speed Check - Tales from the Blackbird -- Jalopnik

I don't know of any ludicrous speeding tickets so I can't participate in today's QOTD, but it did remind me of my favorite SR-71 story.

This is an expanded excerpt from Brian Schul's book Sled Driver : Flying the World's Fastest Jet. (which happens to be out of print and ludicrously expensive now, I wish I had bought a copy when I could have afforded it).

Read more ....

My Comment: When I first started this blog someone emailed me this story ..... and it has stuck with me ever since. On this quiet and wintry Saturday night .... I cannot recommend anything better to read than this. Enjoy .... and remember that there is always someone bigger, better, and faster than you are.

2 comments:

James said...

Heh,heh, when you blow the doors off of them, it can feel pretty good.

Audax said...

Read this a while back....it's a GREAT story!!!