Monday, September 1, 2014

Russian President Putin: 'If I Want To I Can Take Kiev In A Fortnight'

Warning: Mr Putin (right) made a bellicose statement to the European Commission President, Jose Manual Barroso (left), telling him that his armed forces could 'take Kiev in a fortnight'. The pair are pictured here on August 20

'If I Want To I Can Take Kiev In A Fortnight': Putin's Threat To Europe Revealed By EU Boss As Ukraine Loses Control Of Key Airport -- Daily Mail

* Putin made an incendiary remark to the European Commission President
* He said that his forces could march to the Ukrainian capital in two weeks
* Two seamen are missing after a rebel artillery attack on a patrol boat
* Sergei Lavrov said negotiations on Monday should seek a ceasefire
* Putin says rebel-held areas should be granted 'statehood', splitting Ukraine
* Analysts say Putin wants to establish a 'frozen conflict' to solidify his gains
* 'There are no limits to the unpredictability of Putin' - Angela Merkel

Russian President Vladimir Putin made a bellicose statement to the European Commission President, telling him that his armed forces could 'take Kiev in a fortnight'.

The warning was made to Jose Manual Barroso over the phone, according to an Italian newspaper and came as Ukraine lost control of a key airport in the east of the country.

Mr Barroso relayed what the Russian leader said to a European council meeting at the weekend in Brussels.

Read more ....

More News On Russian President Putin's Remarks That 'If I Want To I Can Take Kiev In A Fortnight'

Vladimir Putin: 'I Can Take Kiev In Two Weeks If I Want' -- Huffington post
Ukraine Crisis: 'If I Want, I Will Take Kiev in Two Weeks', Putin Warns EU's Barroso -- IBTimes
Vladimir Putin: I can 'take Kiev in two weeks' if I want -- The Week

My Comment: These remarks are not receiving the media attention that it should .... these remarks also reflect on how dangerous the situation has now become in eastern Europe.

2 comments:

James said...

"The special service will be 'directly subordinated to me', said Heletey, a former policeman appointed by President Petro Poroshenko to crush rebels in the east of Ukraine."
The newly appointed Defense Minister is a former police man!?!
This does not bode well for their military future and says there is a much bigger problem with morale than I had suspected.
Maybe some armor guys could comment on the pictures of Ukrainian armor being worked on. Looked like they had whole motors out and apart right there on the ground.

War News Updates Editor said...

The Ukraine military is not impressive .... and having a policeman running your military during a time of war .... not smart at all.