Monday, November 12, 2012

The Cult Of David Petraeus



How I Was Drawn Into The Cult Of David Petraeus -- Spencer Ackerman, Danger Room

When it came out that CIA Director David Petraeus had an affair with his hagiographer, I got punked. “It seems so obvious in retrospect. How could you @attackerman?” tweeted @bitteranagram, complete with a link to a florid piece I wrote for this blog when Petraeus retired from the Army last year. (“The gold standard for wartime command” is one of the harsher judgments in the piece.) I was so blind to Petraeus, and my role in the mythmaking that surrounded his career, that I initially missed @bitteranagram’s joke.

Read more ....

My Comment: I was always neutral when covering General Petraeus and later CIA Director Petraues .... to put it bluntly .... I have covered enough wars and conflicts to know that today's hero is tomorrow's "has been". But to have CIA Director Petraues done in by a sex scandal .... never in a thousand years.

No comments: