Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Meet The U.S. General Who Will Be In Charge If Iran Decides To Start A War

Gen. James Mattis. Photo from Robert Johnson — Business Insider

How To Work A Room Like Badass 4-Star Marine General 'Mad Dog' Mattis - -Business Insider

It's difficult to explain the power and presence of a General. Not the one, two, or even three star varieties pounding around the world, overseeing bases, troops, and maneuvers, but a full-blown 4-Star Flag Officer.

A flag officer is someone who's high ranking enough to fly a flag of his or her own above an area of command and can apply to any branch of service, but almost always to someone with at least one star on their uniform.

There are only 38 4-stars floating about the five branches of the U.S. military and the ones holding positions of prominence and prestige are the closest thing to celebrities the military allows.

Read more ....

My Comment: My favorite line from General Mattis is the following ....

.... My personal favorite Mattis quote may be this line he laid down during a meeting with Iraqi military officers in 2003 after sending tanks and artillery home: "I come in peace," he told them. "I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all."

No comments: